I’ve watched “Smallville” since season 1 episode 1. I’ve generally enjoyed it, with the possible exception of a thing or two. The Clark/Lana thing wasn’t really an issue for me because 1) Lana was his first love, and 2) I knew it was temporary. I found and continue to find Chloe much more annoying and am looking forward to the actress’ contract being up at the end of this season. I like Allison Mack and wish her the best, but her character on the show has more than ran her course.

That said, I do agree with everyone that the show drew the Clark/Lana romance out waaaaay too long. I also think that in an effort to make Superman “identifiable” to the modern age they made more than a few missteps with the characters of both Lois and Clark in terms of their development. I also think that they sacrificed too much mythos for the sake of believability. I don’t care if glasses aren’t much of a disguise. Clark Kent wears glasses. Period.

All in all though I have enjoyed the ride and am looking forward to the season 10 that has been predicted. I also agree with Bob that the first half of season 8 and all of season 9 so far have been the best.

Did is a word of achievement
Won't is a word of retreat
Might is a word of bereavement
Can't is a word of defeat
Ought is a word of duty
Try is a word of each hour
Will is a word of beauty
Can is a word of power

--Author Unknown