I'm known as a Lois Lane obsessed kind of guy. Like Bob, Teri is still the best live action Lois Lane (including the movies and the previous series and serials), but Erica Durance is definately number two in my book. I think she does a great job giving us a very Lois-like character given the restrictions of a messed up show like Smallville.

I never followed Smallville in the beginning because of the 'irritation' of Lana, and Cloe, presented, and there was no Lois (nor should there have been in a show called Smallville). I was also annoyed by mid-twenties actors playing high school students.

Once Lois came on the scene I started catching some episodes and will tune in now if I'm home.

You do have to accept that the 'canon' is totally a jumble of pieces of Superman lore that is just tossed together with no real destination in mind. Clark has already met and battled with a sort-of Doomsday character, and a favorite bit for the writers now is to keep bringing in other super heros for a show or two. It really is a mess.

I will have to disagree with Carol a bit about Clark's feelings for Lois. While there was never an instantanious attraction between the two, I feel that now they have (in their clumsy way) established that Clark does have real feelings for Lois and that Lois is very unsure about her feelings for Clark and/or The Blur (Clark's super hero personna). There have been some fun interactions over recent weeks and glimpses of where things might go if the two principals allow themselves the chance.

Of course, the creators of the show are not above screwing things up on a whim and I wouldn't put it past them to try and dredge up some old feelings by bringing back Lana.

The bottom line for me is that after nine years, the acting still isn't that good outside of Erica and Justin (Oliver Queen... yeah Green Arrow's there too). And the plot lines are still convoluted and disjointed. But Erica is worth a look.

Tank (who is still waiting for Erica's Lois to get a true Lois Lane haircut)