Before the list starts, I go for things that give me the sense of someone coming and enveloping me in a big white hug and comforting me, saying everything will be all right. Don't know why but all these movies/books/shows give me that feeling. You will notice that the Superman movies are absent - great respect for the actors but I wanted to haul the writers and directors off and shoot them - what were they thinking? L&C came the closest to what I think the relationship and the situation was like and even that got mucked up pretty fast. Season 1 your reign should have never ended - we should have been still watching you on TV like MASH. And maybe this sounds weird but I always thought The Muppet Show was childish, adult, fun and intelligent at the same time. I miss intelligent programming.

I miss the time when it wouldn't have been weird for me to say I like intelligence in anything.

1. Movies

Hatari
The Beatles Help!
Cabaret
Amelie (French movie)
Nightmare Before Christmas
Batman II (with Michelle's Catwoman, Tim Burton, I love you!)
Batman The Movie (1960s)
Tokyo Godfathers (Japanese)
Ten Canoes (Australian Aboriginal - hilarious)

2. Books

Lewis Carroll:
Alice In Wonderland
Alice Through The Looking Glass
Sylvie And Bruno
Sylvie & Bruno Concluded

T.S. Eliot:
Possum's Book of Practical Cats

A.A. Milne's Winnie The Pooh series (4 in all)

Anais Nin:
Artists and Models (erotic literature in the 1940s)

The Portable Dorothy Parker

3. TV shows (past or present)

L&C
The Muppet Show
Wonder Woman
Batman 60's with Adam West
Fruits Basket (Japanese anime)
Allo Allo
Dad's Army
Time Team
Inuyasha (Japanese anime)
Rurouni Kenshin (Japanese anime)
MASH (honorary mention because it was intelligent and yet it survived American TV industry and ratings - I want more intelligent shows on TV now and I don't get them and that makes me angry)
Monty Python (honorary mention - thanks for just being a show and so british and so witty, you beat all other comedy shows hands down)

4. Moments/Scenes from any/mixture of the above

Sam The Eagle's ironically muffed speeches from The Muppet Show - subtle but not so subtle sarcasm at the politics of the day.

Kermit in a trenchcoat. (Now, now Kermit, between you and CK you have entrenched this damn fetish for outerwear far enough!)

Miss Piggy swooning over Christoper Reeves with thousands pictures of Superman all over her dressing room.
Miss Piggy: "Oh, Christopher, you big beautiful brute!" *swoons*
Kermit (sticking his head around the door, thoroughly upset): "She never called me a beautiful brute!"

Kermit you are such a player.

"I guess this is goodbye." Sally to Brian, Cabaret. "Tomorrow belongs to me." sung by the Nazi Youth Group in Cabaret. It reminds me of what it must have been like to go into that war, to stay behind, to die like dogs in Berlin, to live that life, having to sleep with strangers for enough money for the rent, for bread, for cigarettes and for the alcohol to numb the pain.

5. Moments/Scenes you wish had been written/acted out differently. (Eg. No amnesia kiss in Superman 2)

Something could have happened in the Phoenix epsiode.

They should have taken longer, much longer and drawn out the getting to be friends then lovers bit.

More witty banter.

More stolen kisses.

More daydream sequences on both sides.

6. For the Deandreamer in all of us, [Devil] , but not limited to, scenes/moments that you wish YOU had been apart of. (I think this might be a different question)?

I have always wanted to be dancing and singing with the muppets ...

.... or on stage in Cabaret doing a drag act (yes you read that right - I have always wanted to come out as a man in full tuxedo and freak the audience out by stripping down into figure hugging dress and heels)...

... or as much as I loved Eleanor Bron, taking her place in Help ...

... or dying in World War I or II - far as I am concerned, I might have been better off. Probably would have been run through with a bayonet. To live through it and survive would have been awful, to live after it happened and see the world now is worse because people went to war everywhere (and still do) hoping to have a better world and I feel like I should be apologising to the war dead on everyone else's behalf that we are still mucking it up.

7. Songs

Take Five - Dave Brubeck Quartet
My Baby Just Cares For Me/Love Me Or Leave Me/Mississippi Goddamn by Nina Simone
Old Folks At Home (Way Down On The Swanee River) by Stephen Foster (this is the song Elsa plays on the piano in Hatari and I only found out what it was thanks to the Muppets)
Love Thy Will Be Done by Martika (this song haunts me)
Nothing Compares To You by Sinead O'Connor
Blackbird by Beatles/Paul McCartney
Comedy Waltz/ Allelujah by Fairground Attraction (Eddi Reader has an awesome voice)

8. Places you'd like to visit (real or imaginary-why not)?

Bundala National Park, Sri Lanka
My boyfriend's arms (though he isn't cooperating at the moment by waltzing off to the countryside while I am here in the city)
1920s-40s Paris
Dardenelles during the war
Anywhere where I can just walk and just slowly fade away and disappear into the background of the place around me. I have always wanted to be able to walk into the Indian Ocean on one of it's calmer days and just slowly keep walking till I disappear completely.
With Brian.
In my SIMs 2 game.

9. Since we are folcs, there ought to be one completely L and C, question, so how about, and hey this might inspire writers out there, too, 10 or so things you wish we could have seen in the show or seen more of.

I think I answered this question already?

10. Folc's Choice. Pick something.

My names starts with an 'M' but I love the letter C because it stands for:

Chocolate
Coke
Cats
Cuddles
Crab Curry
Colombo
Computers
Clark Kent boys
Choices
Children