I didn't go bowling tonight--didn't even call anyone to see if they wanted to go.

It was cold, and I just wanted to curl up with my blankies and read. Actually, I didn't read that much after I had caught up on the boards and balanced my checkbook. Instead, I started catchin' up on my Smallville watching--I watched season 5, episodes 10-13. And now, I have to wait for episodes 14 and 16 to finish downloading (those two have been giving me trouble for DAYS).

It's 1:30 in the morning, and I probably should go to sleep, but I'm WIDE AWAKE. Not to mention, it's Saturday now, so I don't have to be up at any specific time anyway. I'm definitely not in a hurry to go out in the cold (which, admittedly, was only 25F (about -1.5C) the last time I was in my car to hear/check--at 5:30 "yesterday" evening.

I wrote the first scene of chapter five of my current WIP during work today (it was REALLY SLOW), but I think it kinda sucks--it jumps all over the place. I'll probably re-write it as I type it up--hopefully later today, after I do some shopping and such--then go on to write some more scenes. Never know . . . maybe I'll actually get the next chapter beta'd and posted within a month, instead of three months hence!

Anyway, I think I'll find something to read now . . .

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place