MetroRhodes, so you get your "break" today? I got mine yesterday. laugh I'm right in the middle of the DFW metroplex and although it wasn't much, we had ice, sleet and snow yesterday. Actually, the ground is still covered with some snow, although I'm pretty sure it will go away by the end of the day.

I think it's interesting to see the reactions of the communities in different regions of the country. I lived for a year in Ohio, and there, when it snowed, most of the time the schools were still open and businesses kept going. It's normal. Here, if we have a light snow storm, that's it. Schools have to close, nobody can drive (and those who do get into accidents because they have absolutely no idea how to react to icy conditions), it's chaos. smile

I remember listening yesterday to the Weather Channel and hear them saying that it was possible Chicago would have 8 to 12 inches of snow. We barely had one inch. Ever since I came to Texas (2002), I've noticed that we have an average of one day of snow/ice/sleet per year, which probably explains the "panic" factor. We're NEVER ready.

Today, I have to go to work, as usual. And I'm late. laugh

malu