Oh, wow, Darcy, what do you do? And Avia, what do you do? I'd love to have a job that was 'boring' for once.
I maintain the PublishAmerica company website. I didn't design it though, so the layout kinda sucks. I mostly just keep up the Press Clippings, Testimonials, Book Signings, Online Bookstore and Up in Lights sections. Then every once in a while, my bosses ask me to change some little factoid somewhere else on the site.

I also update the Public Relations spreadsheet. I put the week's new books into the sheet, request that the authors give me information, put the info in the sheet, and then wait for more. Very boring.

Then, there's the software research. My bosses have so far taken YEARS to decide on which software package they want to change to for the shopping cart. In the past few months, getting them to make the decision has been frustrating, not to mention getting them to give me the information I need.

Lots of projects they've given me have been put on hold while I wait for their decision on something. GRRR

I've been known to write a few press releases, but not many.

Over all, it's an okay job--the pay's good too--but it's not all that mentally stimulating.

I had more to do when I worked at JCPenney.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place