In high school, I used to gather a couple of my friends and during lunchtime I'd rattle off on what happened on LnC the night before and what I thought should've happened. Part of my everyday journal was written with my synposises. Not sure if they were actually interested in what I had to say or they were just humoring me. lol

I didn't discover fanfic until I started doing web searches on LnC right after it was canceled in 1997. By that time, my family had finally gotten onto the internet and I wanted to soak up anything and EVERYTHING having to do with this show because I was so upset with it's demise.

After hearing about it and reading several fanfics, I was finally inspired to start writing my own in 1998.

All of my closest friends know I write fanfic because most of them write it as well. We all write for different genres, so I find that pretty kewl. smile

The people I run into that don't know about fanfic are usually those idiot random ims chatters. They usually ask me what it is and then when I tell them, their first impression is that I actually write for a TV show and get paid for it! goofy I tell them I could only wish. lol The other reaction is one of publishing books. They think I have a book out there to read. Again, I say I wish, but you can find some of my written work online. wink