Anna, I identify completely! That's just the kind of reaction I get and I've also been campaigning for the joys of fanfiction since I began reading, maybe about six years ago. goofy

I first heard about fanfics from my friends who were into it waaay before I was. My friends were the hugest Harry Potter fans in elementary school, and they began reading fanfics to sate their HP needs during the increasingly long wait between books. I was a little skeptical at first, especially since you have to weed through fics at FF.Net and I had to suffer from reading many unfinished-but-fantastic stories. As I ventured out into different fandoms, I got more and more into it and I haven't looked back since! :p

I honestly never thought that I'd be interested in writing fanfiction, but I was really inspired by a TV movie I saw lately, so I started writing my first fic after years of reading. It's fun, but I think I still prefer reading. goofy I mean, I enjoy having everything go my way, but I'm an inherently lazy person. That said, I've been thinking of writing a Troy fic now, which contradicts my vow to write one story and no more. goofy I'll have to see what happens though, because I realize that I once I start a story, I'm responsible for everyone who reads it, but I'm really bad at time management and school takes all my time.

In the meantime, I'm just going to keep reading, reading, reading! smile