I've told several people that I'm into fanfic and have explained the concept to them, but none seemed interested. The assistant principal came into my room to discuss a Read-A-Thon with my students and asked why I didn't raise my hand to say that I was reading a book right now. I told her and the class that I read Lois and Clark fanfiction on the internet in amounts that would rival the size of any of their books. I received curious looks, but nothing more.

When my brother came over to my house, he saw me constantly running back and forth to my computer and wanted to know what I was doing. I told him that I had just posted my own story and was reading the feedback. He hung his head low, shook it, and said (in mock shame), "Oh Susan, is this what you've become?" razz

On the other hand, a parent of one of my students asked how she could help her son practice his English (which is a second language, though you'd hardly guess!). I asked the student what his favorite tv show was and told him about fanfiction. He read some on fanfiction.net and is into it, and now he's writing his own. Cool! smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink