Great idea for a thread, Laura!

2003 was a very good year for us, though it started out with a lot of unheaval.

** My husband started applying for new jobs (he's a college professor) last winter and got 5 interviews and 2 offers, both in the Midwest, where we wanted to stay. Signficant raise, fewer hours, much better students, much better public schools for our kids, great small town to live in and he's actually happy when he comes home from work instead of grinding his teeth. Not to mention the sastifaction of quitting a job that he had come to hate for something much better. wink Definitely worth having our lives turned upside down for an out of state move. smile

** We finally sold our old house in October -- months after we moved to our new house -- and are so relieved not to have to pay double mortgage and expenses anymore!

** My 2 1/2 year old started preschool two mornings a week this fall and with my 8 year old in school all day, I actually have some extra free time. Yay me. <g>

** I've made a bunch of friends here already, including a woman who is actually online in another show's fandom, so I get to talk about online things to someone in real life -- someone who actually understands about such obsessions and has gone through everything in her fandom that we've gone through in ours. wink Needless to say, this is a major coup. <g>

** I've lost 25 lbs since the end of July. smile

Hopes for 2004 ...

** That some more girls around my daughter's age move in nearby so we don't have to prearrage playdates with kids from school as often. She misses not being able to just walk out the door and have her pick of neighbor kids to play with.

** That I lose another 20-25 lbs to get down to my prepregnancy weight again, hopefully once and for all. Can't call it "baby weight" when your baby is heading towards 3. wink

Happy New Year, everyone!

Kathy