I can't remember a time in my life that I haven't been able to read. When I think of my mother I see her with a book in her hands. She was a voracious reader, she even read in the kitchen while preparing meals. And she had seven kids, mind you! <g> And no, she wasn't like Lois - she could really cook! I think my mother's the reason why reading to me is as normal as combing my hair or brushing my teeth. laugh

I have A LOT of books at home. Let me loose in a bookstore and I walk out with at least one new book. No Harry Potter though, books or movies. I'm one of those people who don't find HP in the least interesting.

I have a few tips for those who read from the archive:

I don't read L&C fanfic directly from the archive while being on the internet. If a story looks interesting, be it long or short, I download it first, put it in Word and change the font into one I find comfortable to read on the PC screen. smile

I also insert page numbers. This is very handy when you download a longer story. Sometimes these can be over 200 pages! So if you don't have time to read it at once, at least you can make a note on what page you stopped reading! grumble

And the stories I really, really love I also print out. Like Margaret Brignell's Alternate Clark series. blush

Ursie

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!