I read fanfic in installments because that's the way lots of writers post them, and I haven't got the patience to wait for the end. smile

I used to read a lot of books -- I'm a very fast reader. These days it's a more of a rare event. I hate being interrupted in the middle of a book -- when I get into a book, I'm totally immersed, and it's difficult for me to pull myself out far enough to do much of anything else. And with two small kids, I'm constantly being interrupted. help

When I think I've got an opportunity, I'll make it a bit of an event. Somewhere along the way, I've gotten into the habit of eating while I read -- popcorn or crackers, something salty -- so I love to get my snack and drink, take my book to the living room, and lose myself for a few hours. smile

I also re-read favorite books, and while those can still enthrall me, it's a lot easier to read those in fits and spurts.

I guess that makes me a binge reader of books, and an installment reader of fanfic smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K