I know I asked this question before, when the boards were new. However, since that thread got lost in the famous crash and as I want to give the question a slightly different slant this time, I thought it was worth using the title again.

When I last asked the question, I was wondering how people read LnC fanfic -- in installments or in the archive. This time, I want to ask about people's book reading behaviour, compared to reading fic on these boards.

Okay, I confess, I was inspired to ask the question while reading that Harry Potter book. Why? Because I was gulping it down, and it crossed my mind that, because books come in neat packages, individually complete, even if the saga they belong to is not, the way we can read them is very different from reading fic on the boards.

If I have a fiction book I want to read, I do read without restraint. I can read voraciously; in fact, the more I enjoy the book, the more voracious I'll be. I guess I'm a binge reader!

So... What happens if there is an epic being posted to these boards? The author is almost drip-feeding the readers. This isn't how I would read normally, but it is how I end up reading at least some fan fiction. So my fan fiction reading behaviour can be very different from my normal reading behaviour.

Do other people binge read? Or are they more disciplined that I? I know of people who ration their reading into one or two chapters a night, before sleep. I don't think I have the restraint to do that.

What about others? And do your fan fic reading habits match your other reading habits?

Chris (who put this in the OT folder because it's not just about fan fiction)