I can't wait to see all the responses to this. I admit that I'm alway intrigued by the things people use.

First, I always sign my posts Annie. No explanation necessary there, I think. Well, one thing - it always surprises me when people refer to me or addresss me as AnnieM. The M is just an initial that I added because Annie was already taken when I started posting at zooms boards. I considered dropping it when we created the new boards, but I didn't want to confuse people. So, while it certainly doesn't bother or upset me when people use it, it does always jolt me for a second.

As for my signiture, I think most people know that I'm a journalist. Since that's a huge part of my life, and since Lois and Clark are journalists, I like to use journalism quotes. In the past I've used "Journalism it the first rough draft of history," from Phil Graham, the late owner of the Washington Post; "To love what you do and feel that it matters, what could be better," from Katharine Graham, his wife and successor; and a quote from Joseph Pulitzer that I can't remember off the top of my head. Anyway, I found this quote in a friend's AIM profile and thought it was perfect. It will be there until I find another great journalism quote. smile

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen