I totally believe he would kill himself rather than be locked up.
Oh, absolutely. That's a given. If pushed into a corner with no way out, there's no way he'd allow lesser beings to take him in.

My point though is that I don't believe he'd allow himself to get to that point in the first place. Lex would always have an escape route planned in advance, a Plan B...and C and...Z. laugh

That's why I was always surprised to see him leap from the penthouse window. My Lex would have had something set up in reserve so that if he was ever caught up there, he'd have a way out. A helipad on the roof, for example, would make much more sense to me. laugh

BTW, I was thinking about this the other day...is there anything in the ensuing episodes which actually states that it's Lex's body that's retrieved and reanimated? Because I was thinking that the whole set up, the tank etc. is very...clone-like. And now I'm wondering if it was a clone instead. But I haven't watched the eps in long enough that I have no clue what backstory we were given.

A clone would make so much more sense though than any plot to save himself once he leapt out of the window, simply because it would have been such a difficult trick to pull off successfully and because Lex had used clone technology in the past, of course.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers