Medically we just don't have the skills to bring someone back from this kind of trauma.
We don't. But don't forget that Metropolis was always shown to be several years - maybe even decades - ahead of us in scientific and medical invention. They were cloning people before we cloned sheep, for example. laugh So I could always suspend belief on this kind of thing because they seemed more advanced than the real world.

I seem to remember someone explaining this one with the theory that Lex had some kind of contraption just a couple of floors below where he jumped that caught him and pulled him in. Then a dummy of some kind hit the ground. Not sure I could go with that one. But I am prepared to believe that Lex had some plan that stopped him hitting the ground. He was way too much a megalomaniac and had too huge an ego to commit suicide when caught, I always thought. He'd have it set up to look like he'd killed himself, but have some Plan B to trick everyone. What that would be though, I'll leave to someone else to figure out. laugh

I always hated that they had one date and then were engaged. Always thought that they could have done 1 to 2 full seasons of them just dating.
A full season may have been too long for me, but I always missed this, too. At least several episodes of dating first would have been nice!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers