Thank you for sharing your tips! I for one have learned a lot.

You can easily rearrange scenes in Word. All you need to do is start each scene with a label on a separate line before the actual scene.
Wow, Lynn. I had no idea Word could do this, and I've been using it for 15+ years. Hmmm, wonder what else it can do that I'm missing?

Um... I do that. [Big Grin] I usually don't allow myself to write the scenes I'm writing towards...
That's cool, VirginiaR. I bet writing is more of an adventure that way.

I cannot praise Celtx enough...
Hi, Mouserocks, and yay! Another Celtx fan. Love that program.

For me, the best programme is OneNote.
Your process is intriguing, KatherineKent. Thank you for sharing the screen grabs. It does look handy to have all your writing so easily accessible. I must check into OneNote -- am an EverNote fan, so it'll be neat to see how they differ. I'm not sure if EverNote allows collaboration as OneNote does.

I write in a code editor...
I do that too sometimes, mrsMxyzptlk! My code editor lets me use custom color combinations. Gray text on a navy background is more soothing on the eyes than black on glaring white.

Has anyone used Google Docs writer -- er, Google Drive "Document," now it's called -- to write stories in the cloud? It's supposed to let people collaborate in realtime while working on the same document. That would probably take coauthoring to a strange new level.

Lauren W.