Originally posted by LaurenW:
Do you really begin at the title of your story and proceed linearly through the piece until typing the words "THE END"?
wave Um... I do that. laugh I usually don't allow myself to write the scenes I'm writing towards (or too detailed an outline) or I'll loose the momentum or the drive to write the story, because my muse thinks it's already written. I usually just have them written in my head. Or I might write down that *one* scene and work the story towards that one scene -- for my longer stories. (Part 140 was one of those scenes and Part 158 for those of you reading Wrong Clark. I've also got the next one written down.) I rarely outline, keeping a general gist in my head as my stories ebb and flow, often changing mid-stream. /It's probably why my stories are so long. No inner-editor./ I find it's harder to match the scene to the rest of the story if I write too far out, too soon, because too much has changed. All writing really needs is a piece of paper and something to write with (I still write like this when I'm away from my desktop computer.)

For my shorter stories (included one I'm currently laugh Sounds like a terrific procrastination device, though.

Thanks for info. I'll look into it if someone ever offers to pay me for my writing. /Please, someone, offer to pay me for my writing so I don't have to go get a real job. grovel I started out writing original characters and can do that again./

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.