Originally posted by KatherineKent:
It's not a story writing programme, it's an 'everything note taker/project maker' ... but I think it's perfect. You can open different groups (LnC fics, Smallville fics, Fairy Tales etc) within them you can start new files (Under the Spotlight, Waiting in Line, A Pirate Affair etc). Within each of those you can have as many pages as you want. I usually do a chapter to each page.

On each page you can type different scenes into different boxes and pick them up and move them around as much as you want.

I usually set up an info/research page for each story too. You can insert tables for timelines, draw, highlight, copy from the internet and it will insert a little hyperlink so you can always get back to where the information came from.
I envy your uncluttered desk. laugh It would probably be better (for my writing and my marriage) if I didn't have 100 scraps of paper around my computer, but this is how I've always written. I don't know what I'd do if I became organized. My stories might end up being more concise. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.