Virginia,

peep blush

I meant to write something about the first two in the Strangers series (as well at their links). I've read a TON of other stories but I'm only putting this one up because it's doubtful we'd get to the particular story that I really enjoyed.

1) Strangers by Missy Gallant

2) Strangers II: Becoming Partners by Missy Gallant This is in reference to Kal/Jerome (his "stranger" name for himself as he knows about his history BEFORE becoming Superman in this version) and Lois becoming friends and Lois suggesting something about getting the Superman suit.

3) Strangers III: When Two Hearts Collide This one's the hilarious one. They can't avoid being affected by each other given Lois's history (which didn't make her face the issue of Claude head-on like she would have to become "Mad Dog Lane" and thus allowed her to fall directly for one Clark Kent so hilariously badly...in a good way.)

4) Strangers IV: Tender Mercies Clark Kent (not Superman as Clark is affected by Kryptonite for the first time) saves Lois from Luthor and his thugs. This also results in his arrest and their first story together (for a LONG time).

5)
Strangers V: Kissing Friends In this one, Lois is now definitely living up to her moniker "Mad Dog Lane" (especially with Clark). The friendship is built and maintained from the Kal/Superman side and not at all the Clark side. One day their nominated for a Kerth for their first story together. That breaks the ice and by the end of the story Lois finds out that Clark is Kal/Superman and they love each other.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)