Relationships/dating have changed in the US significantly from the 90s when LnC started. I know my relationship with my husband follows a similar design of the ones above.

I met him on a dating website and we exchanged emails a couple of times and a phone call once before officially meeting in person. In his case I had him pick me up (not a thing a cautious person would do and it was a risk I don't know if I would take looking back-it's something Lois most certainly wouldn't have done). We went out on a lunch date to talk in person for our first. Our second was to a concert venue at a bar. Eventually we had regular date nights in (go over to his place walk over to the nearby activity and either have dinner or bring dinner back along with a movie to watch).

My sister's dating relationship and my father's (he remarried two years after my mother passed away) bot consisted of meeting their respective significant others online. My brother may be the sole exception. His followed the "friend" profile. Meeting at college through friends and hanging out. Eventually they became more serious. before first breaking up and then getting back together and eventually getting married.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)