Originally posted by -Mariel-:
I've always wanted Clark to tell the secret at the end of whine whine whine. Lois had chosen Clark over Superman and Scardino. It was obvious she wanted a real relationship with him. I think it was his duty to tell her at that point.
In WHALTTA Clark says that he first needed to know that Lois would marry Clark, not Superman or his powers. In my opinion Lois decided she wanted to be with Clark for real at the end of whine whine whine. Why wasn't that enough for Clark? Why did he want her to *marry* him before he could tell her the secret? I feel he should have told her at that point, especially since he had kept Lois waiting (and drifting towards Scardino) and kept disappearing all the time. We all could see how frustrating that was for Lois. If I were her, I'd want to know what was going on.
Of course Clark tried to tell her at the beginning of ATAI...as he should have.

I agree with VirginiaR that he also should have told it before he let Lois give her own life for the life of his parents....luckily she found out herself in that very moment.
Well, at the beginning of ATAI Clark is about to tell Lois, so evidently he has decided she can know then, he just rethinks later on for who knows what reason.

I think he should have told her when he found the card at the end of "Tempus Fugitive". In fact, since he does not remember but it is in her handwritting he should at least ask her "Lois, why did you write this."

Actually, why not tell her in Madame X after she saves Superman from the Kryptonite bullet?

John Pack Lambert