Well, I wouldn't say we "unanimously" agree; there is at least one, lone, voice of dissent. Mine. smile

I can understand why Clark did not tell Lois during TOGOM. He knew she was sad, but he never saw the true extent of her suffering; we did, but he didn't. Many stories have Superman interact with Lois during Clark's "death" but he didn't in the series. Clark flew home, and didn't see Lois again until Superman rescued her from the cement.

It just seems to make sense that he would, at first, not tell her because he was "dead" and what would be the point? and then later he'd pick up where they left off. Especially since this all happened not that long after Centennial Park and her refusal of his love.

As far as telling her before asking her to marry him, that depends. My problem with the show was not that he didn't tell her before proposing, but rather I had a problem with Clark's statement in the Cosco parking lot about how he had to know first that she would choose him over Superman. :rolleyes: As others have said, she'd already done that at the end of WWW.

That said, I always thought it made sense Clark couldn't go around telling every friend, or every best friend, or even every girl friend that he was Superman. When you get right down to it, there could only be one person who he would have to tell: his wife. Until he was sure that his relationship with Lois was going to result in marriage, it made sense to me that he not tell her his secret.

Of course, that did put him in a catch-22. How could Clark propose if he wasn't absolutely honest about who he is? How could he be honest about who is is if he wasn't absolutely sure that Lois would marry him? How could he be sure she'd marry him if he didn't propose? confused

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster