Originally posted in : Rewriting LnC: Back Story thread

As of this writing, most FoLCs who voted feel that the couple either lived in Kansas or moved around a lot.
I vote for living in Kansas until the kid's seven or something and then Lois moving to Daily Planet or somewhere else for some experience...

Somehow I can't think of Lois as a newbie... I sort of like the idea that Clark learns the reporting tricks from an experienced (in journalism) Lois and Lois learn to soften her writing style from Clark.

Also, there is a near-even split over whether the kid knows.
My opinion is that the kid should not know... that way we could fit the kid knowing about himself in the Foundling episode or something where Clark and kiddo finds about their Kryptonian origin. And the next few episodes can deal with the subtle B-Plot of the kid learning to get used/use the powers.

Most FoLCs seem to prefer that Clark becomes Superman during the pilot, as on the original show.
Yes, otherwise we won't be able to concentrate on the public's opinion on Superman, that is the public will already be used to Superman's existence, which is sort of dampening on their initial enthusiasm IMO. Now, a first Superman appearance that would be useful in projecting the show in the right limelight.

I also vote that Lois sort of says "Bring a change of clothes to work" as she says in the show. Only she knows that she's meant for her hubby to change his dirty clothes.

But Clark thinks over and Martha makes the suit, as usual... (within a day) and Superman makes an appearance and Lois is still awestruck, because she hasn't ever seen her husband like this! laugh

Then we could take it this way... Clark sort of becoming uncertain whether Lois loves his Superman part more than his Clark part... ie the superpowers and she could reassure him...

P.S. Is it to be an NFic Series? devil

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time