This probably belongs in the 'orphaned fics' thread, but I felt it was too big. For one thing, I realize now that there's no way any one person could attempt it....I think.

See, a while back, I had this ambitious idea to do a complete rewrite of LaCtNAoS, changing one thing in the premise and then writing each episode as it would have unfolded under these new circumstances.

I couldn't even get through the pilot.

This definitely requires team effort, and I don't just mean a Beta or two.

Here's what I was attempting:

Imagine that Lois and Clark had met as teenagers. (Easy enough, right?)
By the time the pilot begins, Lois and Clark have been married for ten years and have a ten-year-old son.

Naturally, this changes everything. First of all, Lois would not have "just met" the "hack from Nowheresville", so the whole dynamic of the show changes. Since having a kid would likely affect their education and employment histories, they'd likely also be in a different standing at the Planet.

Also, Lois would likely not have had that fling with Claude, Clark would have another reason for resisting Cat...

Even more importantly, consider the suddenly different tone of Chip Off the Old Clark. Having a checkered past before you get engaged is one thing. Consider instead that this man married young, has been chained to a wife and child for ten years, suddenly gets a double identity and the freedom to go where he pleases...and that's about when this woman claims Superman knocked her up.

Or, Sex, Lies, and Videotape. Would Lois and Superman be worse than toejam for having an affair when there's a *child* in the marriage? Or would the crowds have mercy on a girl who married too young and obviously regrets it?

New Krypton, the Wedding Argh, Soulmates...all changed. Nightfall, TOGOM....

*sigh*

And I can't do it.

Thoughts? huh

ETA: Okay, people, for the sake of organization, here are some links (and anybody who wants to start a new poll or thread, btw, be my guest. laugh ).

Also, does anybody want to be in charge of stuff like compiling the show's official bible, or keeping track of and analyazing the polls?

Poll - Basic Stuff

Poll - Back Story

Thread - Back Story

~•~