random thoughts:

or the mere fact that comics and shows never really go into major religions in depth? (Except, of course, in an everyone's right *and* wrong spiel...)
Interesting observation. It never occurred to me that the "spiel" by the characters was Religious but instead as a reflection of a moral and ethical code. (Not saying that those who are Religious lack moral and ethical codes, however. )

It seems if there is a religion mentioned regularly at all, it's Catholicism... I wonder why that is...
Perhaps because the Roman Catholic Church has been such a powerful lobby group?
The non-wedding in HoL was in a Catholic Church, but since Luthor planned that wedding, that decision probably says more about him. Btw, I always thought the similarity of the names Luthor and Lucifer were interesting. On the other hand there's Martin Luther so who knows?

The ancient Egypt idea could lead to some odd places - didn't the pharoahs of ancient Egypt believe that they must marry their sisters? laugh

Both Shuster and Siegel were the sons of Jewish immigrants - I wonder if their religion influenced their work in any way?

c. off to check out Shatterfall smile )
edit: Okay, checked it out - the content is interesting but not dissimilar in tone and type of plot from a few fanfics on the archive. But what really impressed me was the writing - here and there, a phrase that seems on the surface to be purely descriptive of something physical carries hints of larger themes and insights. And sparely done. Good use of dialogue, too.

It reminded me, in tone and characterization, of a book I read about 10 years ago - can't remember the title - Superman is dead but by the end he has returned, defeated his enemies and reunited with Lois Lane. This book was not L & C: tNAoS (nor is Shatterfall accrding to the author) but set in the comics universe.
Vague description, I know but does anyone know the title?

But, warning: Shatterfall is a wip, so whole lot of trust (faith smile ) involved in picking it up. laugh Btw, I didn't notice that it had a religious theme at all - what did I miss?

c.