Originally posted by Tzigone:
For example, Booth is Catholic. Although we don't see a lot of his religion on the show (or didn't when I watched - I'm waiting for the DVDs to see most of season 2 because my reception of FOX is awful), it is shown to be a pretty big part of him. So the respect in churches, respect towards prayer, and freaking out at Jesus being compared to zombies is to be expected, and needs to be remembered when writing fic. (On a side note here, I was very impressed with how the character was done. It was nice to see a character that plainly had some strong religious beliefs, but was not defined wholly by them, did not feel the need to bring it up every episode, etc.)
Took me a minute to figure out Booth *g*. Finished my Bones marathon last week and am on Criminal Minds now... am almost all caught up *g*.

There is some mention of it in S2 - there's an ep that takes place in a Catholic church - not totally, but that's where the body is and so it comes up quite a bit. But, you're right, it's not overbearing - though he does cross himself a few times when Bones says something he deems... inappropriate? Sacreligious? Whatever term you want to use. But again, not over the top.

However, though Booth does seem to be a practicing Catholic, he doesn't seem to hold to all the... is tenets the word? He has no problem [that we see] with sleeping with women he's not married to [though I don't recall a truly casual/one night stand type thing]. I'm not quite sure how that plays in to it...

[I had a whole bunch here typed about L/C but it wasn't coming out right and my head hurts so... laugh ].

Anyway, Bones does seem to do a pretty good job with it overall. smile

Carol [who spent almost 5 hours today hunched over a printer and can't think now...]