Oh, I wouldn't say that we're conservative, Arawn.
I would. Before you changed the member titles I didn’t think anything actually could change. Still, think copyboy and gossip columnist should have been titles. laugh

Dandello thank you for explaining. I find fanfic a fascinating phenomena and the fact that people can create such extraordinary work in their spare time amaze and humble me. And finding people that share your own appreciation for things aren’t easy.

Personally, I’m a rabid L&C fanatic.(I even prefer Cain’s Superman portrayal. laugh ) I read some superman comics as a kid but he never really got my interest. He was just all powerful and good and no explanation to why was really forthcoming, not even him being a product of a superior civilization, since plenty of kryptonians are self serving as well .
L&C and it’s fanfic community changed this. (I guess Byrne had a part in this too, but I didn’t know it then).
This earnest guy that really struggles with his gifts and hungers to immerse himself into humanity to slake the emptiness of a life domineered by godlike power. And Lois, that pretty much become the incarnation of this desire, just clicked for me.

But I also like the L&C Superman because, while he has feelings and emotions he doesn’t go emo, which is extremely popular in current Superhero culture. And Superman gravitates towards this as you can see in both Smallville and SR(and in those fics that builds on them.)
The thing is though, that this brooding angst doesn’t fit so well with the lawful goodness and selflessness that is Superman’s hallmark IMO. Superman never gives up, is always in control, meets the world with a smile and takes responsibility for everything. He is always ready to listen and help others but never allows the world to see his concerns. He only shares his fears with his parents, and later, very much later, with Lois. (this is one reason I love “when friends become lovers” Here Lois realizes that Clark lives in a world of his own despite seeming so accessible. He doesn’t comes to her and cries, she has to coax it out of him.)

There is absolutely no problem with crossovers, however - so long as LNC is one of the elements of the story - and there is no aversion to crossovers among the forum's members that I'm aware of.
I very rarely read cross-overs and even less often enjoy them, so perhaps that qualifies as an aversion. But that’s my preference and I would never want to impose it on someone else, or stop people from writing what they want.
(I seldom care to read alt-world stories either.)
I think cross-pollination is good, because it expand boundaries, and many of those that break the mold tends to be better written then those that just do go through the undiluted L&C concept for the umpteenth time.
But that it’s wellwritten, doesn’t necessarily mean that I will enjoy it. laugh

One thing I prefer with crossover writers is that they tend to take superman more seriously, they give depths to that character while for many, if not most, pure L&C writers he is little more then window-dressing, the latter turns me off.
If there is one crossover I’d like to see is that with the animated series. It managed to incorporate the Byrne mythos in a more classic mold, still leaving him feeling real to me. The thing is making Brainiac believable.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...