Wow. All this just because of one little scene that I wrote. I already knew I couldn't use it and keep the story PG. But I left it in because I suspected my beta readers would enjoy it (and they apparently did).

But Carol is right. It really doesn't work without the 'f' word - and the reason for that is because it really is the most inappropriate word in the English language laugh .

Of course, I end my innappropriate section with these paragraphs (I'll let the boards edit it for me laugh ):

“It’s okay,” Lois said, cutting him off. “It’s just... well, in the future you might want to run words like that past me. I mean, ML can’t even keep this section in the story since it’s rated pg-13. So you’ve got to watch what you say.”

“Oh.... oops. Sorry, everyone. I’m new here and don’t know the rules. I certainly didn’t mean to offend anyone.” He looked back at Lois. “So... what exactly does ‘****’ mean?” he asked.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane