Thanks, everybody! Well, ayudame it is, then! smile

The scene with the girl is actually an earthquake scene. Am I crazy or am I crazy, trying to write something like that? With my shaky knowledge of all the various bits and fragments you'd find on an earthquake scene, let alone my lack of knowledge of the proper English names of all those bits and fragments? :rolleyes:

At first, I was going to have the girl say "Help, Superman" and that would be it. He would get her out from wherever she was trapped and then go on and rescue others. But I've changed my mind. I feel I'm writing these earthquake scenes so poorly, so the fewer rubble-and-disaster scenes I work into my story, the better. Besides, for interesting reasons, people in my story are actually going to be afraid of Superman in this scene, so they'll chase him away!

So I think that after he has freed the girl, he'll fly away with her, trying to find a hospital for her. (He is actually abandoning the earthquake site, because his presence is just increasing the panic there.)

But this means that Superman is going to spend more time with the girl than I originally intended, so he'll need to speak with her. I like the idea that he could speak English with her and she'd understand, but she would answer in Spanish. He's going to answer what her name is (you know, "What's your name?") and she's going to answer ("My name is....").

What do you think? Maybe he, too, should speak Spanish. I'm sure he knows how to.

He's also going to ask her where her parents are, and she'll reply that she doesn't know.

I'm thinking of writing the story so that Clark flies the girl to Lois, and she is the one who brings the girl to hospital. The girl would ask Lois if Superman is her boyfriend. I think that she would ask the question so that it means "Are you two seeing each other? Are you in love?" rather than "Are you two married?"

So, right now, I think I may be needing the following lines in Spanish:

Thank you, Superman. (surely that would be "Gracias"? Or am I spelling it wrong? Maybe that was Italian?)

Are you all right?

What's your name?

My name is....

Where are your parents?

I don't know.

This is Lois. Lois, this is....

Hi.

Lois will take you to hospital.

Does your leg hurt?

Not much.

Good-bye.

Is he your boyfriend?

Please don't ask. And please don't talk about it with others.

I won't. They are afraid of him.

I'll leave you now. I'll be back.

When?

Don't know. Listen. I'll ask two nice people to pick you up. Martha and Jonathan. That okay?

Wow, people. Guess I'd better teach that girl to speak English in a jiffy, won't I, or else you'll have to write the entire story for me! wink

Anyway. You have been wonderfully helpful so far, and if anyone would like to help me with these new lines too, I'd very, very much appreciate it! notworthy

Ann