Since I'm obviously such a tortoise rather than a hare when it comes to writing, I'd better keep up my steady plodding.
Yeah, I tend to be the opposite in recent years. There was a time, once way back, when I would religiously write a certain amount on my current WIP each evening. Then I'd spend my lunch hour at work the following day, editing, tweaking what I'd written the night before. I felt enormously guilty if I took a night off.

These days though, I tend to work in rapid bursts. Go for four days writing zilch, then do as I did last night - get a sudden burst of dialogue or solutions to plot problems I've identified just popping into my head (usually just as I drift off to sleep) and then I have to type, type, type to keep up, before I forget it all (which I'm quite capable of doing in a split second.) Luckily, I'm a pretty fast typist. <g> So when the Muse gets on one of her rolls, I can usually pretty much keep up with her.

I think I'd much prefer steady as she goes, mind you. But at least the rapid bursts get me further ahead in leaps and bounds. So I guess whatever works I shouldn't complain too much about. laugh

I'm just really enjoying the fact that this is happening again. It's been a long time since I've had to keep a notepad and pen beside the bed for those early morning Muse attacks. wink So I'm having waaaaaaaaaay too much fun in the last two weeks. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers