This thing doesn't seem to work for me. I've only managed to go over parts 1-4 so far [Frown] I think I'm inwardly procrastinating because I don't really know what I want to do with this story. I've been considering abandoning it, Archiving it as it is, re-writing it, deleting all the parts that are giving me a hard time, splitting it in two seperate stories... and I still can't make up my mind about it. Argh.
Anna, is there someone you can send the story to and ask for their thoughts? Sometimes, a fresh eye can work wonders. I've finally settled on two short stories from my WIPs for the Fundraiser, after giving up on trying to decide what to do and running them both past one of my betas.

On the second, I had two scenes I'd written to start off with ages ago, but no idea where to go next. My beta came up with the most wonderful ending I'd never have considered, which instantly brought the whole story to life for me, had the Muse sitting bolt upright, ears twitching, with a "Aha!" wink , and I now have very good hopes of finishing it.

It's worth a try - see if it works for you, too. If not, you've not lost anything. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers