Ah! A favorite. Are You Lonesome Tonight , by LabRat (happy birthday, Labby!)

As Lois tried to distract herself from thoughts of Clark and Superman, she nevertheless found herself looking impatiently toward the door. She was rewarded at last with the sight of Clark crossing the threshold. "It's about time, Kent," she grumbled under her breath--and then gasped when Clark suddenly bent over double, his face twisted in pain. She sprang to her feet, heedless of the impatient glares she received from members of the audience turning their heads in an attempt to see around her.

Lois fixed her eyes on Clark, who was grasping the wall for support, his fingers scrabbling at the door in a frantic attempt to open it again so he could escape to ... to where? To the men's room? What's the matter with Clark? Is it food poisoning? Appendicitis? The flu?

At least this settles the question of whether he's Superman. Now I know he's *not*, because Superman doesn't get sick. Nothing can hurt Superman!

... except ...

... what ...

That meteorite that Trask said would kill Superman ... What was it called ...? Kryptonite. A crystal. When I interviewed Bureau 39 employees they said it was a ...

... green ...

... a ...

... Lex's assistant, and Clark doesn't trust Luthor ...

Clark ...! NO!!!!

A sob rose in her throat. The ceremony had started and members of the audience didn't seem to notice Lois pushing her way to the back of the throng. She reached Clark in time to prop him up while she turned the doorknob and pushed the door open, supporting him as they stumbled out of the room together. Glancing behind her, she saw that this little charade had drawn the attention of Mrs. Cox, whose interested gaze had followed Lois's progress to the door.

We have to be careful, Clark ...
PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K