Some time ago, we had a series of 'guess the fanfic' quizzes on the boards, based on kisses (Guess the Smoochie), opening lines (Guess the Gluechie) and revelations (Guess the Cluechie). goofy All titles are courtesy of Pam Jernigan, by the way. goofy

Anyway, there've been more new stories and more new members since those quizzes were last running, so I thought I'd try resurrecting at least one of them. Here's how it works. I'll paste a short extract from a revelation scene. You have to guess the story and author - first person to get it right posts the next cluechie. wink Googling isn't banned, precisely, but it's more fun to guess without it, isn't it? goofy

So, here goes!

And now she knew why his uncovered eyes looked at once so familiar and so strange. Because she'd seen them a hundred times before, but never - except in daydreams and nighttime fantasies - filled with warm emotion. And she'd never seen them on her partner's face.

Except it had always been her partner's face.

She shivered. Her eyes travelled to his hair. Yes, flatten that and slick it back, and his whole face would look different.

Her eyes slid downwards, past the sensuous mouth that so recently... No. Down to the strong neck and the broad, muscular chest. Cover that with blue spandex, add a red cape...

Her hands were still resting on his shoulders. His naked shoulders. She snatched them away, trembling, and tried to wrap her arms around herself.

He caught one hand, carried it to his lips. "Lois..."

"Omigod," she whimpered, shutting her eyes tightly, "I was seducing Superman!" What must he think of her?
Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*