22. After Lois realizes that Clark was not with Mayson all evening in the "Eyes Have It" she confronts him on this.

"Clark, if you weren't with Mayson, where were you. I can understand you running away from her, she is really pushy and you are such a nice guy I can see you trying to not have a confrontation, but Superman needed you. Your parents came here. It's not like I would have helped Mayson find you. I would have hid you from here. Come on, I didn't see you all weekend."

"Actually, Lois, you saw me plenty this weekend, it was I who didn't see you."

"Clark, what are you talking about."

Clark looks around, and sees if anyone is around. Then he decides this is not wise.

"Lois, come with me to the conference room."

"Why?"

"I will tell you what is up once we get in there," Clark wispers very quietly. "I trust you to learn this, you have shown yourself to be very trustworthy this weekend, actually you did before, but after this weekend, well, I will say more in there. I trust you, but I would rather not have your initial shock tell too much to the whole newsroom."

With a mutter about hating being left in suspense, Lois finally goes into the conference room with Clark. She knows she will only get answers this way, and she wants answers.

"So Clark, if you weren't at your apartment Friday night, and you weren't with Mayson, where were you?"

"At your apartment."

"Clark, come on, don't be riduclous, Superman was at my apartment, and even if he couldn't see, he could hear. He would have told me if someone else was there. Anyway, I would have noticed, there is no where to hide in my apartment."

"You saw me Lois."

"What are you talking about."

"I'm Superman."

"What," she yelled. "Stop joking around."

"See that class of water," Clark says pointing to a glass of water left by other users of the conference room.

"OK, now what."

As Lois watches the glass begans to boil.

"You are Superman," Lois says. "How could you even think of dating that floozy Mayson, when she hates you."

"Umm, about that, I was listening in to your conversation on the phone and not paying attention what she was saying when she asked me out for the weekend. I didn't even realize I had agreed to go out with her till you mentioned it on Sunday."

John Pack Lambert