Okay. This post was originally just to respond to a little challenge, but I just read Kae's post, and a few things I'd like to clarify:-

I don't believe that Sara, for example, was offended by Wendy's depicture of Ireland, even though the fic makes much more fun of Ireland than it does of the US (the whole story vs. a few lines).
Of course I wasnt! I mean, there was a lot of stuff in it about that I could take as an insult - like the fact that 'Aisling' gives Clark directions in a very round-about way, mostly depending on pubs, that there are numerous references to the state of the roads, the way she spoke, that really made me blush, because I could understand it all perfectly <g>. And, for goodness sake - casting me as the druid's girlfriend???? <g>

But the facts are that a) I was well aware that this was not going to be a 'serious' fanfic, given the nature of the challenge and the ribbing I got on IRC when they spotted it <g> b) As Kae said, because Wendy was an Irish person I took it easier:- because I know that she knows that Ireland really isnt filled with Druids and Leprechauns and everything....and c), probably the most important one - most of the stuff she said was true :p . The roads are awful, we are right in the middle of nowhere, the tackiness does come into play, and girls really do set stupid dares to guys who want to ask them out... trust me, I know!

I really was goofy The most I ever wear on St. Patrick's Day is a small little shamrock brooch saying Ireland on it - and even that is regarded as 'tacky'.

I hope I didnt upset anybody with these responses. That's just how I feel - I'm not saying that I'm necessarily right.

Just one thing I have to say here:- Wendy, you seriously creeped me out with all the references to Newport, potholes, Shannon Airport, the Nenagh Guardian and Paddy McCarthy's farm... I went to school in Newport, my front bike-tyre was blown out by a pothole ten minutes before I read your fic, Shannon Airport really is about 1hr and 45mins away from here, I have a copy of the Nenagh Guardian in front of me:- I know the editor personally, having been employed by him on more than one occasion for the summer, and there really is a guy named Paddy McCarthy on my road... evil

Unfortunately for you, I happen to have a very good understanding of my native language, so your ‘evil’ little challenge was as simple as pie wink

Is fada an bóthar nach mbíonn casadh ann
It is a long road which has no turning.

agus níl aon suáilce gan a duáilce féin.
There are no unmixed blessings in life.

Mair, a chapaill, agus gheobhaidh tú féar.
Live, horse, and you will get grass.

Well, I’d say somebody will think twice before trying to catch me out again… evil

So we have one response... Kae, you're not forfeiting the challenge, are you? The clock is ticking...

Sara [who is feeling just a little anxious now...]

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black