Great challange response, Wendy smile . Now when Kae writes her story you guys can play that wav over and over again. Thank goodness I don't have any wavs on my computer so I am not annoyed at all laugh .

I had one little, okay, big problem with this story.

I think it was a little hard on Americans -- making us a little more stupid than we actually are. I'm not any kind of patriot, and I have been known to use the phrase "stupid americans", but I am not sure if Lois and Clark would insult their own culture . . . more specifically, I am not sure if Lois would be so ignorant of SI units razz If she is, she is really stupid! Maybe when she went to school it wasn't like this -- but I just asked my father and he said that he was taught like this in high school and he is at least 20 years older than Lois -- you know there are two different systems of measurement and you know that the US uses the English system and everywhere else in the world uses the metric system -- or SI system. I believe we were taught to call it SI.

They might not know the conversion factor off the top of their heads, but I think all Americans know or should know what the SI system is. They should also know that we are the only country in the world that is so backward not to use the SI system -- it is so much more straightforward, and everywhere else uses it! But, that said, I really think Lois would know about it, especially if she had traveled *anywhere* else in the world -- making the joke not funny at all -- and making me take offense to it.

I mean, they use SI units in Canada as well -- and I'd believe she has been to Canada. My best friend and I just got back from Canada, and the two of us had no trouble with the SI units -- of course we had to mentally convert the kilometers -> miles for distance, Celcius -> Ferinheit for temperature, and liters -> gallons for alco . . . I mean gasolene wink . Maybe it was just because we are engineers that deal with SI units every day (yet think in English units just for things that are printed in the car), but it was rather easy for us to do.

However, I do agree that Americans are stupid for electing a bad movie actor, who was probably afflicted with alzheimers, president. Yet, I wasn't even born when he was elected the first time. My parents can't explain that one to me confused smile .

- Laura (who may have trouble remembering the difference between picometers and femtometers, just knows they are really small, but definately knows that Ireland uses kilometers or 10^3 meters wink )

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve