Oh, Lynn, thank you! And WOW!! thumbsup This is just what I was looking for.

The scene with Mayson and Clark is so perfectly embarrassing. wink Poor Clark! And, of course, he had to be honest when Mayson asked if she was the right person, and if she would have been the right person had someone else not been in the way. Just great!

And Lois had the courage to tell Clark how she felt. Yay for Lois! And again, I could just picture her saying it. Wonderful!! clap

As far as Clark's explanation for leaving the Jeep goes, I think the way Vicki (was it Vicki?) put it works for me - he just needed some space and fresh air and the liberation of flying after having been cooped up awkwardly with Mayson for a couple of hours. As for explaining it to Lois - well, of course Clark could easily have flown back to Metropolis and picked up the Jeep at any time during the day and Lois would never have known, so we might ask why he told her it was missing.

So how about Lois noticing it was missing? You'd have to make a minor change to Part 3 for that, but if she notices it's missing then that blows his plan to fly back to Metropolis and pick it up (he might have been planning to fly above cloud cover with the Jeep, so it wouldn't have taken him two hours to bring it back. But if Lois notices, maybe he has no option but to tell her that Mayson took it (and pretend that he didn't go with her).

Anyway, I have really, really enjoyed this story, and - like Save Me, Superman - it's going straight to my Kerth list. Can't wait for your next story! wildguy wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*