This was beautiful! Thank you for posting this. I was perfectly happy with the story as you wrote it, so this epilogue is the icing on the cake!!

Labrat asks why Clark flew back. Now that I think about it, when I was reading Part 3 I remember I wondered the same thing. The jeep belongs to Lois. Taking it without her permission in order to drive Mayson back is pretty presumptuous. Allowing Mayson to drive back alone (which I know he didn't do, but it's what Lois thinks he did), would be unforgiveably audacious! If I were Lois (who is already in a bad mood), my reaction to that would have been, well, let's just say it's a good thing Clark is really Superman!

Of course, if Clark *had* driven back, then we wouldn't have them stranded there. Unless, of course, a convenient blizzard should just happen to strike... evil

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster