She knew Kent’s reputation as a ladies’ man, and she had no intention of giving him the wrong impression about her agenda for the evening. Lois Lane was all business, and he’d better believe it. The simple black cocktail dress she now wore was dressy enough for evening wear yet conservative enough to maintain her professional distance. Yes, it would do nicely.
clap

I’m Lana Ross, Mr. Kent’s personal assistant
Lois meeting the personal assistant of a good-looking member of the high society. Should be fun.

She didn’t know why, but she didn’t like the idea of the striking red-head being such a close associate of Mr. Kent’s.
Yeah...

Lana Ross, Pete Ross—Lois liked where that thought was leading.
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

“Almost,” interjected Ms. Ross. She turned a smile on Lois and calmly said, “We want to preview the article.” Lois nearly choked on her last bite of soup.
Oh boy. I think Lana just turned from nice, harmless, married Mrs. back to red-headed bitch again.

She wasn’t the main character, and there was a lot of international intrigue and spies double-crossing other spies in the plot, but the plight of the child was what stayed in the reader’s mind after all the shooting was over.
Lois could be on to something there.

There was her underlined scrawl of ‘Smallville off limits.”
Oh boy.

“That’s it! That’s what she didn’t want me to see!” Lois threw her notebook down next to her laptop and clapped her hands. She addressed her empty living room with her revelation. “That’s why it won’t gel. ‘People see what they expect to see,’ and Clark Kent the Writer is just another role. He’s not real!”
Attagirl.

Interesting to see how Lois managed to shoot and miss so close to the mark. And her idea of making him her partner in crime laugh Well, she hasn't realized the partner-bit yet. And is it possible that Clark's next adventure could mimic James Bond' Moonraker? I guess not, form the previous comments, but hey, space is just another teenage-boys' adventure wink

Can't wait to finding out where this is headed.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.