Hi Framework,

I think you're right that Lois could have gone that way. Perhaps she should have. However, I need her not to for reasons that I hope will become clear later. So, for now, I hope it's at least plausible that she might not have.

Maybe she doesn't think of it because she's not used to doing these 'soft' kinds of interviews. She wasn't that keen on doing it in the first place, so maybe she isn't trying as hard as she might to make it work.

I do think that this part is the weakest link in my plot chain, but it's necessary to get us where I want to go, so maybe we'll all have to suspend our disbelief just a little. Or maybe when I revise for the archive I'll have to think of a way to not make that spin quite so obvious.

I need for Lois to realize that Clark is deeper than he pretends, but for Clark not to know that Lois realized that. Hence, she can't actually publish her realization. But if I've left her too easy an out that she isn't taking, I'll have to think about how to change that for the archive.

Any brilliant ideas? (We need a 'pondering' icon.)

Carol tells me she had to suspend her disbelief in order to buy that the Royals were in the playoffs. I maintain that any Superman universe is, by definition, not ours, so the Royals can be as good as I want to make them. :p

This *is* my happily ever after.