So... let's see smile

“What?” she attempted to say, except it wasn’t actually possible to summon enough air to vibrate her vocal cords.
/hears drums announcing the big revelation/

I’d like both of us to turn off our Translators,” Kal said. “I want you to talk to me. I want to see how much I can underst-.”
Wait? What now?

“I haven’t,” Kal admitted. His fingers dived into the dark hair above his left ear, hesitated for a moment, then dropped. He opened his mouth and spoke in the guttural sounds she remembered from before they had inserted her translator.
Now Kal certainly didn’t score any brownie points with that action. Actually, the only thing he could have done worse was switching off Lois’ translator instead.

She didn’t have – didn’t *want* to have – the willpower to back away. What she *wanted* to do was reach up, find his mouth and allow her instincts the freedom of expression they were demanding.
Is it possible you’re pulling a double-flip on us?

Then she remembered the diagram.

Kissing him now - particularly kissing him the way she wanted to ... she couldn’t do that unless she was prepared to go much further than kissing.

And she was.
Hmm…

But she wasn’t sure now was the right time.

And what she had with Kal was too good ... too perfect ... to risk just because her hormones had gone into meltdown over one superbly-honed male body.
Yeah, would be a really bad idea. Yeah.

Kal caressed his fingers along her smile. “Love,” he said experimentally.
Awwwwwww

Suddenly, Lois realised that *he* was kissing her. Until now, she had determined the timing and the depth and the intensity of their kisses.

But she was definitely not in control now.

*Kal* was kissing her.
Hmm… Did he read the book after all? Nah.

Kal broke away from her and picked up a pile of paper and a pencil from the desk, then offered Lois his hand. She took it and he led her to the bed and gestured for her to sit down. He pulled the chair closer and sat down, his knees butted against the bed, his thighs adjacent to hers.
Not sure when exactly, but something in there, I wondered if their first time would be with translators off and communication just carried on to the next level.

“I love you in your language,” Kal said. “And I love you in my language too.”

Lois felt her heart flood with joy. Her translator still worked. But more wondrous ... infinitely more wondrous ... Kal loved her.
Awwwwwww and we so need a puddle-of-goo smiley.

You know, Corrina, this part reminded me again, that you post parts that are at least twice as long as what’s usual in this part of the Net. And I have no idea how you do it clap

Michael, hoping you’re having a great trip smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.