That was just a lovely chapter! Okay, that was the second time you made us think that sex was going to be "inserted" into their relationship just like that. The first time was when you ended a chapter by having Lois say to Kal, "Come to bed with me and I'll show you something", and we all had those incredible gutter-images in our minds. But Lois just gave Kal a neck- and shoulders massage. And now you made us think that Kal was talking about that diagram of lovemaking when he said to Lois that they should try something together. You tease, you! razz clap clap

It was adorable and so appropriate that Kal wanted to turn off their translators so that he and Lois could learn each other's languages. Indeed, if Lois is going to stay on New Krypton, it would be downright wrong of her not to try to learn the Kryptonian language. (And she wants to learn to write in Kryptonian too, I might add.)

I agree that Kal was an extremely quick learner. He seemed to understand the word "unusual" just like that, even though that adjective could have meant pretty much anything. But I think that Kal and Lois have such a rapport and can read each other so well that they understand each other without words, and that way they can read the proper meaning into each other's foreign words.

The whole scene, when Kal was learning English from Lois, was just adorable. I loved how Kal said "kiss", and then he proceeded to kiss Lois, and he was the one who was in control of the kiss.

Ann