I still think Nor should read here for ideas!
Honestly, I thought Nor did it.

I guess I misread or misunderstood the part about the weapons, but it was my impression that the parents were unarmed. I was (am?) unclear how two unarmed ordinary citizens could overpower their armed guards, killing them in the process. It also seemed odd that they would have the courage to even attempt to kill the Supreme Leader's guards, as the people on New Krypton don't seem given to standing up to authority figures.

Also, their original request was the life of the murderer's daughter, which seemed "fair" in a convoluted and grotesque meaning of the word - but slaughtering the entire family struck me as overkill (no pun intended). The original demand for the daughter's life, by the way, was what I thought Nor was referring to when he commented about how easy it was to manipulate them.

And the suicide at the end was just way too convenient. So, I assumed Nor or his men had committed the murders and arranged it to look like a murder/suicide. Which is why it seemed especially ironic that the parents (who, I had assumed, were not only murdered in cold blood but also framed for the entire masacre) were all the more victims in the sense that they couldn't even defend themselves, because Kal had confiscated their weapons.

When I read it, I thought *you* were the evil one. I don't know what to make of the fact that this diabolical scheme turns out to be an invention of *my* imagination, not yours! dizzy

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster