Uhmm ... the explanation of the skintight suit ... uhmm ... is there one in canon? [Wink] Because if there is, I'll go with that.
No, IIRC, there wasn't an explanation. I'd say it was just an eyecandy thing for the female demographic :p And since you gave such a strong impression of Kal's modesty, there has to be an explanation why he's wearing bodypaint instead of clothes and still manages not to die of embarrassment goofy

“No,” Kal said. “It’s because you’re neither North nor South. That makes you ... unfathomable.”

“But you aren’t North or South either.”

A look of isolation darkened his face. “I know.”

“So we’re the only two people on this entire Planet who don’t have an allegiance to the old areas on Krypton?”

“Yes.”

Lois smiled and squeezed his hand. “Then maybe we should stick together,” she suggested. “Help each other.”
hyper

Tek reached into the pocket of his jacket and brought out a tiny metallic container. He held it towards her.

Lois looked from his hand to his face. It gave her no clue to his intent. “Are you giving it to me?” she asked.

“Yes.”

Lois took it and removed the lid. Inside was a light blue creamy substance. She sniffed and drew back. It was strong ... very strong, but also pleasant – almost flowery ... strong like daphne, but sweet like a rose.

“It’s for your face,” Tek said. “You don’t need much.”
eek

“Where does it come from?”

“My wife makes it. She swaps it for food with the other women.”
I should have seen it coming. But you know, my devious mind came up with a much more nefarious explanation: Tek could be in league with Nor and he’s marking the Supreme Ruler and the Alien Freak so that everyone can smell it if they engage in inappropriate activities.

She forced her eyes to his face and nailed them there.
Lois, you do know his ‘face’ is a bit higher up, right?

In less than two weeks, there would be a new Supreme Ruler.

And then, the South would reign.
Oh, that’s interesting. I had no idea if Nor would be North or South. Somehow I figures North, simply because he would abhor a bastard bred between the two sides but given that the bastard’s father was North and he is North and he is Nor, he could still extrapolate his divine right to rule from all this.

She’d said she loved him.

But what did that mean?

Did it mean she liked being with him?

Did it mean she admired him?

Respected him?

She had agreed they could be friends.

How many friends did an Earth woman have?

And did she love all of them?

All the same way?

Or did love come in varying categories?

And if so, where did he fit?
Yeah. And do I detect a hint of jealousy in there?

“Come to the bed and I’ll show you.”
Okay, that sounds way too suggestive. But you already said it was not. Oh well, waiting for part 13 spider

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.