Yay! I can't wait to read this. I'm in the mood for some old fashioned angst right now.

She'd glared *at* him, though. That was a start.
That's so... pathetic. But so Lois and so Clark.

How did she manage both fire and ice in her tone?
Awesome question.

Her next words were barely a whisper, but he caught them all the same. "Not with you."

His heart took a sharp dive and he felt his shoulders slump. With a heavy sigh, he glanced upward at the maintenance door. If she couldn't bear his presence anymore, he'd take her home. No waiting this time. Silently, he floated up to the ceiling and disengaged the metal door from its frame.

He heard a breathless "Oh my god" and looked back down at her in utter defeat. He offered her a silent hand. "C'mere," he said softly. "I'll take you home now."
mecry That's so sad! Awww. The angst.

And his voice was quiet when he spoke. "You told me you'd love me if I were just an ordinary man. If I had no powers at all, you'd love me just the same."
Oooh, I like that she didn't remember that part at first. Usually in stories she does and right away understands why Clark is upset. This is good. smile

That was beautiful. Wonderful job. I only wished he would have told her about the Kryptonite cage. But that might have been a little too much angst!

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile