Hi Sue! So glad to see you posted.

I just loved this little vignette. It was waffy and heartbreaking all at the same time.

I think Clark left so he could go buy a shovel to dig himself out with...

Okay. I won't quote too much so I leave some for others... but... I had to quote this:

He sat very still for a few seconds and then he nodded. "Yes, I think you would." He was about to stand up when her hand touched his arm. Did she have any idea at all what her touch did to him? Not a night passed that he didn't lie awake recalling the feel of her lips on his back and the way her eyelashes had left a butterfly kiss on his skin.
Oh, Sue. That was so beautifully written. Gave me all kinds of waffy feelings. Mmmm...

And this...

"Were you really there?" she asked, wishing she could stop him from leaving. "At the White Orchid Ball?"

He turned around and smiled at her. "Yes, I really was."

"Prove it."

He looked at her for a moment as he considered what to say. "You had your hair pulled back into some kind of French twist. But there was one strand that came loose. Every time I looked at you I just wanted to brush it back. It was very sexy."

"Sexy? You thought I was sexy?" She felt the faintest surge of hope that she might stand a chance with him after all.

"Very," he replied with a smile.
It's so very Lois. And then him telling her she looked very sexy and she needs confirmation and he gives it to her? laugh

Wonderful Sue! I can't wait to get a peek at the next part -- "End (sort of)" wink

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.