Ah, now I know why I missed this little gem. This was posted at about the same time my aunt died.

I love this story, Barbara. I think it's your best work on these boards thus far. And how could I not love it when Becca reminds me so much of my Brook or Lara (A New Hero)?

I'm glad there is going to be sequels... and hopefully a prequel?
~~~

He was aware of every movement of these silky hands and something landed on his stomach, making him gasp.

Clark opened his eyes, wide-awake now. He was welcomed with a warm, beautiful smile.

“Good morning, pumpkin,” he murmured, his voice still a little drowsy, and smiled back into dark brown eyes.

“Good morning, daddy.” Becca replied, hugging Clark, who embraced the little girl.
Awww.....

I loved the little game between Becca and daddy!

A spiral staircase let to another room Rebecca had chosen as hers.
I always wondered what was at the top of that spiral staircase!

The queen bee, which was male in this case, sat in the center of interest.
Hehehehe....

Her eyes were like dark brown honey and they gleamed with an intense fire. She had the single most amazing heart beat he had ever heard.
Ooohh.. I like this.

“Don’t even think about it!” someone said. Clark returned to the present, startled. He looked into Jimmy’s young, smiling face.

“Think of what?” Clark asked and shook hands with Jimmy.

“Lois Lane. I don’t recall anyone of the staff members asking her out and being able to tell the story. She doesn’t date with other reporters.” Jimmy explained. “I’m Jimmy Olsen.”
Lois, the pit-bull.

Great story, Barbara! Sorry I missed it before.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~