Oh, gosh. Does that mean I made you late for work? [Strangled cat] If so, I'm honored that reading my story made you late... drool

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> "Oh," Clark said with realization of what she meant. He thought for a moment, not sure what to tell her. He knew who she was, knew she had been raised by a good family from Smallville, but he still wasn't sure if he could trust her. But yet, how could he lie to this girl?

While he was still deciding how to answer her, she pouted and said, "You are my father!"

For some reason, Clark hadn't expected that at *all*. He just assumed she would know the truth, but then why would she? He ran his hand through his hair. "Yes, I'm *him*. But I'm not your father."
I'm running out of superlatives here. What beats divine? confused Brilliant? Ingenious? Too good to be true?

"They... they.. were in the plane, too." She started sobbing. "I'm... sor..ry." She hiccuped.

He took her in his arms and held her while she cried. "Oh, Mari. I'm so, so sorry."
So sad. So sweet. So Clark.

Brook and Lara both walked out. Brook muttered, "Wonder why Jama got so upset 'cause I woke her up?"

Lara said, "Dunno. Something about a period."

Brook covered her mouth. "Oh." Lara skipped off, singing happily. Brook decided to join her and called, "Wanna play with the Legos?"
So wonderfully innocent! Totally adorable. I love Lara. She's the best of the lot! I just hope she won't outgrow being like this, but cuteness usually does.

"Well, I would say I wanted to visit the game room. But I have ulterior motives. I wanted to see Claire."

She flashed him another brilliant smile. "You've always been able to tell us apart. How is that?"

He shrugged, "I don't know." He wasn't sure he wanted them to know how he could tell them apart. Hey, if they didn't know about 'the dimple' then he wasn't going to tell them.
Nice way of making sure he has always (?) been interested in Claire - even before the Purple Pixie rescued him. Unlike the start Lois and Clark had, huh?

Since Marisol didn't have anyplace to go, Clark invited her to stay there for a few days. He was showing her around the house. He smiled. "We have several guests right now. Let's see where we can put you. Mom and Dad are in the blue guest room. Rya.." He paused and swallowed hard thinking about Rya being in labor. "..and K'al are in Zared's old room. Hmm... I can put Los in with Jon and let you stay in the upstairs guest room. That should work."

She nodded numbly, barely believing this man's kindness and generosity. She had been in foster care since her parents' and siblings' deaths, and when she graduated from high school she hadn't really had anywhere to go. There was no insurance money yet because there were no bodies.
Wonderful. Even if I have to reppeat myself, this is a family growing by the minute! laugh

He smiled. "I'm sure some of the kids can enlighten you about having powers. You might be particularly interested in talking to Jon's girlfriend, Hannah. I'll let her tell you her story."
I bet they can. And I bet she is.
thumbsup

"Yeah. Didn't know you were here. I'll be right down."
How could she have not heard him? Or is she only acting? wink

"Hi, Trace." She bit her lip.

He grinned and then unable to resist, he said knowingly, "Hi, Pixie."

"Pixie?" Claire said innocently and incredulously. She swallowed hard and didn't know what to say.
Yes! Another cliffhanger! You really make sure your readers will demand more. I hereby do. hail

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)