It was interesting to see Clark with Henderson. I've always liked the Chief of Police. Of course, Bill Henderson was always particularly irresistible when he was talking to Lois, so it's a pity she isn't here. Anyway, I'm glad he came clean with Clark and made him understand that he had figured out Clark's secret long ago! But Clark didn't want to admit that the new superhero who resuced Jenni Green is Zared, eh?

As for that thing about Candy, the girl Clark dated - I'll just say this much: it didn't improve my image of Clark as a sexual being in this story. And not even primarily because of Candy's bisexuality, but because Clark allowed himself to be talked into having sex with her when he wasn't in love with her.

But I sure liked it that Jon got his suit! And you know I liked the suit you had Martha make for him! smile

Ah, well, you know I don't want Clark to have sex with anyone but Lois, so whenever he brings a female to bed in your story, I get uncomfortable. I have no such compunctions when it comes to his sons, however, and I loved this snippet of dialogue between Jon and Hannah, after Jon showed her his new super-suit:

"You like?"

"I like! I'm like Jenni, too. I'd like to take it off."

"Did Jenni really say that to you about Zared?"

"You bet! We've discussed your knack for kissing, too. She says Zared's kisses fill her with more passion, but that's because she is more drawn to him. As for just kissing, she says you do it very well."
Too funny, Nancy! smile1 smile1 smile1

But the Mutilator is about to kill both Jenni and Margeaux, and he threatens Anamarie, too. But...

Jon arrived from one side, and Zared arrived from the other. They touched down at the same time.
Zared and Jon wasted no time. Jon grabbed the gun as he heard Clark think, <Don't destroy it!> Jon threw the gun into the pool. Zared took the pole of a table umbrella and wrapped it around the Mutilator.

Jon helped Jenni. "Are you okay, Ms. Green?"

She smiled at him, "Yeah. Just a little shaken."

Zared helped Margeaux get up. "I don't think he's going to hurt you anymore."
Yay!!! Sons of Superman to the rescue!!! Go, Jon and Zared!!! smile1

Chloe pulled Clark out of the water and as Claire pulled Caitlyn out of the water.
And well done, Claire and Chloe, too! smile1

I just loved this:

Even in the midst of all this danger, those with their min-comps were flashing pictures and recording videos of the heroes and of the Mutilator. Bruce watched as the events unfolded. He thought that it was just as well that pictures were being taken. It would be a good record for the police.
How typical! Isn't this what kids do these days? Take pictures with their cell phones - you called them min-comps? - all the time! Anyway, how typical! I liked it that Bruce just watched, too, instead of joining the fray. He let the Kent family handle the Mutilator.

And I loved this:

Somebody else said to Zared, "What's your name? You haven't said so far."

"Umm..."

"FireWind. His name is FireWind."

People turned to Jenni questioningly. She said, "Well, since I was his first rescue, I think he should be called FireWind. You know because he looks like fire in the wind."

"Why thank you Ms. Green. I hadn't decided on name yet. I think that will do very nicely." He turned at looked at the crowd. "I'm FireWind. Well, I must be going now. Bye."
How adorable! Zared hasn't thought of a name for himself yet, but Jenni names him on the spot! I love it! (And FireWind is a really good name, too.)

And this was just too sweet and funny:

Zared came walking back out. He acted like he had also been a witness to the events. "Oh, my." He grinned at Jenni. "You better behave. I can't have you getting a crush on FireWind, too. The one you have on Superman is bad enough."

She smiled at him. "I only have eyes for you, Zared Kent. Superman still has his charm, though."
Adorable!!! And this was just lovely, too:

The girl from their class that Zared had helped at the scene of the multi-car accident walked over to Zared and Jenni. She smiled at Jenni. "It is something to be rescued by one of them, eh?" Jenni agreed. The girl smiled up at Zared. "You just better watch out, Zared Kent, or FireWind might move in on you." She smiled and turned away.

Zared took a deep breath and whispered. "Ooohh... Thank goodness. She didn't recognize me."
And we got to see Meowoof one more time in this chapter:

Meowoof purred against Clark and was obviously upset. Clark said, "What's wrong girl? That mean man hurt your 'people'? Did you get him good, girl? Did you?" She purred happily.
I just love that kitty!

And this was funny:

The officer looked up at him. "Who are you?"

"Bruce Wayne. I'm one of the chaperones."

The officer just cocked his eyebrow at him and said, "Hmmph.." He wondered why Bruce Wayne was at this shindig.
Yes indeed, why would billionaire Bruce Wayne be one of the chaperones at Jon and Zared Kent's graduation party? We know, of course, but the poor policeman must wonder.

And this is an interesting paragraph:

Jon and Clark were both dressed as Supermen. Or at least they were. Clark's suit lay mostly at the foot of the guerney. He wasn't happy that his two sons were now embarking on their own super hero career, but now at least one of them could openly stay with him if he had to stay in the hospital. No one needed to know anything other than that they were friends. That was certainly true. He thought of both of his sons as friends.
Clark is such a good and caring father, and therefore he worries about the dangers his sons will meet, now that they have embarked on their careers as superheroes. But now he can have a more adult relaitonship with them. I loved it that he thought of both his sons as his friends.

This paragraph mystified me:

He hadn't seen Jon's outfit and hadn't known what it was going to look like. It looked good, but it also meant something else. Something he was hoping he wouldn't really have to face. He looked at the pale gray curtains hanging as a divider between the beds. Were they gray the last time he was here?
What would the pale gray curtains signify? I'm afraid you lost me there. The only things I can think of are:

a) pale gray as in the color of depression, as a symbol of Clark's mood?

b) pale gray as a symbol of "the fading of the light", as a symbol of Clark's deteriorating condition?

I loved this image of Jon:

He looked over at his son, who after sitting with his father in the emergency room for five hours had lost much of his stoicism. He'd actually fallen asleep. A nurse had put a blanket over him. That was sweet of her. The blanket was blue. The blue blanket along with the gray curtains, Jon's outfit and the fact that he was asleep was one more reminder of what he was getting ready to face.
The handsome young superhero is asleep like a little boy. This is an adorable image. And a motherly nurse has put a blanket over him. This is heartwarming. After all, I'm sure the motherless boy must miss his own Mom, Lois.

Looking forward to the rest of this story, Nancy!

Ann

P.S. I think my favorite name for Jon would be Blue Flame.